Voting for the round 17 candidates of the People's Choice Award is now open on our Facebook page.
Each week from the end round 5, the league will select three standout players from the previous round. These players will then be put in a poll on the SEABL Facebook page, and members of the public can vote on who they believed put in the best individual performer during that round.
Click Here to go to our Facebook page and start voting.
Round 17 men's nominations are:
- Chris Cameron (Nunawading) vs Canberra: 22pts, 8rebs, 1stl, 2blks
- Calvin Henry (Frankston) vs Canberra: 27pts, 11rebs, 1blk
- Kevin White (Ballarat) vs Geelong & NW Tasmania: 18.5ppg, 2rpg, 5.5apg
Round 17 women's nominations are:
- Heather Bowman (Frankston) vs Canberra: 30pts, 6rebs, 3ass
- Myra Donkin (Hobart) vs Albury/Wodonga & Dandenong: 24.5ppg, 4.5rpg, 6apg
- Candice Rogers (Geelong) vs Ballarat: 17pts, 23rebs, 2blks
The winner of this weeks’ poll will progress to the finals and be removed from the pool of players who may be selected for the weekly polls. The players who do not win in their weekly poll return to the general pool and may be selected by the league to go in the weekly poll again.
At the end of the regular season, the 16 players who have won the weekly polls will be seeded based upon on statistical imperatives derived from performances across the season.
A seeded tournament will then take place over the finals campaign. In week one of the finals, the top ranked player will be pitted against the 16th ranked player in a poll on Facebook, with the winner advancing to the second week of the finals. The second seeded player will be up against the 15th ranked player, and so on.